October 17, 2011

'Morning Monday...

Another beautiful sunny day in London, but this morning I am stuck in the office under a lot of work I really don't wanna deal with....
First thing I do when I get to the office in the morning is to make myself a breakfast and, while drinking my coffee, see what's happening in the world.
I read La Repubblica, Il Mattino, Daily Mail, NY Times, The Times and The Guardian. Online of course, I love reading paper magazines but I can't deal with the papers.

I was reading this morning about what happened in Rome on Saturday. It's really sad, we belong to a generation that somehow is not even able to make their point.
We should be able to run a protest the best possible way, we have all the technlogy we can think of, we can communicate with anyone in the world, anywhere, from everywhere. And we fail to do something our parents managed to do so well without any of these.

Yesterday Rome woke up like a war city. They call themselves 'black bloc' but do you really believe the organizers of this big protest didn't know they existed? I knew they existed and I am absolutely out of this world. I have never been to a protest, I have never been involved in any of these things, but I knew exactly who the blackblock are and I imagined they would be there...

Anyway, the rest of the world managed to protest in a very civilized way and certainly they made their point, peacefully.

As usual in Italy we are not even able to make our point, not even when it's so obvious!

I will go back under my pile of work-to-do and hopefully back around lunchtime... xx

No comments:

Post a Comment